A brief History:
Goddard landas we know it today, was originally acquired by the USDA from private owners between 1929 and 1936. GSFC is located on five unconnected tracts of land that, with one exception, were subsequently purchased outright or occupied under revocable permit from the USDA. These tracts correspond to the eastern and western portions of the Greenbelt site combined; Outlying Areas 100, 200, 300, and 400 combined; and a small parcel on the west side of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway.
For Goddard’s current and future look, refer to Goddard’s Master Plan:
Goddard currently has 5 meadow project buy B33 and B34. You can view th blog here: demonstration meadow outside of B33.
|Goddard has set aside forest areas since the development of building 33 in 1997 and now has a total of 36 hours set aside.|
Wildlife Management with (EA)
GSFC has had an over abundance of ofcertain wildlife over the years and has suffered much land damage.
Goddard's wildlife management actions and associated environmental impacts are documented in this final environmental Assessment.
Darlene Squibb 301-286-6137